Dear Socnetters,

I have recently moved jobs to the School of Social & Political Sciences at the University of Glasgow - however, I will be returning to my former place of work, the University of Manchester, on October 10th/11th to give two short courses on consecutive days as part of the National Centre for Research Methods (NCRM) series, funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).

Full course details via the links below.

1. How the Relational Event Model (REM) may be used to investigate patterns in ordered or timed sequences of events/actions. October 10th.

http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/training/show.php?article=6366

2. How multilevel models are sometimes useful for the analysis of social network data, given the data structure, and substantive research questions/hypotheses. October 11th.

http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/training/show.php?article=6365

Both courses include a hands-on component, using R - with also some MLwiN/R2MLwiN for the multilevel course on October 11th.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Tranmer
Professor of Quantitative Social Science
Room 1201, Adam Smith Building
School of Social & Political Sciences
University of Glasgow
G12 8RT