Cumberland Island, GA:  ca noon today, an adult peregrine passed over a
marsh flat flushing several hundred roosting shorebirds. We were there
surveying and counting shorebirds for the international project. Prior to
and following our surveys of Cumberland, we visited two sites near
Fernandina Beach where we found large nos. of shorebirds. Small nos. of
ospreys and at least one juvenile eagle were observed high aloft in
migration. The peregrine is rather "early" but within the migratory schedule
for the tundrius sub species.