Hello BESTers,

I've posted about food waste apps before, but here is an interesting
one.  It helps prevent food waste in the home by notifying you when food
is expected to go bad.  More impressively it can learn based on your
specific storage habits and conditions, since these can play a big part
in longevity of food.  This technology way only be in the beginning
stages, but I'm waiting for the day when your fridge will tell you when
that the bag of spinach will turn to slime and remind you to use it
beforehand.

Have a great weekend,

Ryan

http://www.scientistlive.com/content/artificial-intelligence-solution-food-waste-home

Artificial Intelligence: the solution to food waste at home?
Paul Boughton
Scientist Live
October 21, 2016