M E M O R A N D U M

TO:                         Graduate Deans, Department Chairs, Graduate Faculty and Graduate Coordinators

FROM:                  Tyisha Hathorn, PhD, Director, Office of Graduate Minority Programs,

Graduate School

RE:                          Spring 2017 Graduate Dissertation Completion Funding Opportunities

The Graduate School is requesting your assistance in announcing our Spring Dissertation Completion Funding Opportunities.

Supplemental Retention Scholarship is designed for all UF doctoral students who are three or fewer semesters away from graduation, but are no longer eligible to receive a fellowship, assistantship, or other funding from their department or college. The scholarship provides up to 3 credit hours of tuition assistance. Information and applications are available on our website at http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/prospective-students/funding/dissertation/supplemental-retention-scholarship/

Application deadline is November 7th, 2016

Dolores Auzenne Dissertation Award is designed to assist underrepresented minority students in completing their dissertation work. The program provides competitively awarded stipends to Ph.D. candidates who are in the advanced writing stages of their dissertations at UF. Students who are appointed on a state-funded fellowship or assistantship are not eligible. The award provides up to $12,000 and up to 3 credit hours of tuition assistance. Information and applications are available on our website at http://www.graduateschool.ufl.edu/finances-and-funding/delores-auzenne-dissertation-award

Application deadline is November 4th, 2016

Graduate School Dissertation Award– is a competitively awarded program to provide final stage funding over an approximate 4-6 month period of time for UF Ph.D. candidates in selected majors in the humanities, arts, and social sciences. This support will allow recipients the time and resources to focus exclusively on their dissertation through defense, final clearance by the Editorial Office, and graduation. The program is for candidates who have exhausted all other avenues of support. Information and applications are available on our website at: http://www.graduateschool.ufl.edu/finances-and-funding/dissertation-award

Application deadline is October 21st, 2016

If you have questions concerning these funding opportunities contact the Graduate School at [log in to unmask].  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Graduate School

PO Box 115500

Phone:  352-392-6444

115 Grinter Hall