From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Briggs, Dorothy A - (dabriggs)
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 4:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Student Fees Funding Peer Tutors

A healthy portion of our funding comes from the Student Services Fee at the University of Arizona.  Initially we were able to apply for the funds annually, using the standard protocol.  However, once we were able to establish the efficacy of the programming we were provided annual funding (from the fee) by the administration.  It moved the funding from a student based decision to a budget line item.  That change enabled us to move forward each semester with hiring and training in anticipation of the following semester without having to worry whether or not we would be funded.  I am required to do mid-year and annual reports, to maintain the integrity and transparency of the use of the funds, a task I am happy to do!  The reports enable us to tell our story and keep the funding secure.  Here is a link to the information about the fee:  http://saem-aiss.arizona.edu/student-affairs/student-fees/student-services-fee

Best wishes,

Dorothy

Dorothy  Briggs

Director, THINK TANK

College Reading and Learning Association President

University of Arizona

thinktank.arizona.edu

TT-logo-screen-external-use