From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lynda Sukolsky
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 1:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Students are "scared" to attend tutoring?

I've gotten some feedback from one tutor that was told students are scared to come to tutoring, they don't know what it is. And they are scared that the tutor is an upper-class student.   This is coming out of our music program.

I have never experienced this and am looking for any help/advice on how to counteract these thoughts.

Thanks,
Lynda

--
Lynda J. Sukolsky, M.Ed., PgC
Director of the Academic Achievement Center

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B3kAEGyxaNS5SXZJWEl6SmhxbWc&revid=0B3kAEGyxaNS5dnk0VTRRbFV6TXZNU0N4UktaRWhyOG5jdU8wPQ]