We are in the process of restructuring many of our administrative units in both Student Affairs and Academic Affairs. This includes my learning center (tutoring, SI, Writing Center) moving from Student Affairs to Academic Affairs. I am looking for an arrangement in the administrative structures of Academic Affairs that would work best for my department. Because of some staff retirements, there is potential to align my learning center with the Teaching and Learning department at my university.


Are there any good models out there at colleges or universities where these departments are merged into one unit or aligned together under an executive administrator (e.g. Associate Vice Chancellor or Vice Provost)? If so, please share what models you have at your school or have seen at others.





Barton E. Price, Ph.D.


Centers for Academic Success and Achievement

Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]