From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Annie E. Foster Ahmed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, October 10, 2016 at 10:03 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Teaching and Learning Departments Merged with Learning Center

I am also interested in this topic.

Annie

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Barton E Price <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We are in the process of restructuring many of our administrative units in both Student Affairs and Academic Affairs. This includes my learning center (tutoring, SI, Writing Center) moving from Student Affairs to Academic Affairs. I am looking for an arrangement in the administrative structures of Academic Affairs that would work best for my department. Because of some staff retirements, there is potential to align my learning center with the Teaching and Learning department at my university.

Are there any good models out there at colleges or universities where these departments are merged into one unit or aligned together under an executive administrator (e.g. Associate Vice Chancellor or Vice Provost)? If so, please share what models you have at your school or have seen at others.

Thanks,

bp

Barton E. Price, Ph.D.

Director

Centers for Academic Success and Achievement

Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne

www.ipfw.edu/casa

Annie Foster Ahmed
Director, Center for Academic Success
Department of Student and Academic Services
Universities at Shady Grove