[log in to unmask]" alt="Image result for safe zone">
Safe Zone training is a nation-wide initiative to better inform college professionals when working with students from ALL backgrounds, including the LGBTQ group. For the first time, CRLA is offering a pre-conference Safe Zone training workshop. Now is the time to sign up for this engaging, interactive and informative workshop!
This training is an interactive and informative session about terminology, awareness and student success in relation to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender+ community. Attendees that come to this pre-conference workshop will:
· Learn how to best work with students in this population.
· Leave with a folder of resources and tools to take back to your institution.
· Understand the need for all students to be welcomed in our learning centers.
· Leave with a CRLA Safe Zone sticker to proudly display (if they wish) in their office to show the campus community they are allies.
· Gain up to date knowledge on the terminology, scenarios and learning center practices that will best help this group of students.
· Get to taste (and appreciate) the rainbow with some themed snacks. J
Still need convincing?
Here’s what previous Safe Zone attendees said about their experience in this training when asked what they enjoyed most:
· “Calm and relaxing”
· “It was engaging and interesting”
· “The high energy of the presenters”
· “Enjoyed learning about the community”
· “The presenters, the pace and the activities”
Go to www.crla.net and click on Conference to sign up!
Rebecca Daly Cofer
Coordinator, Academic Achievement Center
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]