Hello Ira,

We use TutorTrac at our institution. I can give you my experience with the product.

Pro

*         Cost: This service is very inexpensive, compared to other services on the market.

*         Support: Every time I have needed either advice or service, I contact one of their techs and the problem is solved in one phone call. It doesn't matter which one of their techs I call; they all provide excellent support. The one time the issue was not solved during the phone call, the tech told me that he had to write a script and would get back to me in 30 minutes. 30 minutes later, he called me, obtained access to our system, and ran the script...problem solved.

*         Reports: The system comes with a large number of customizable reports that make data collection and analysis fairly easy. All of the reports can be viewed in HTML or downloaded for additional analysis.

*         Set up: I am slightly techie, but not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. The TutorTrac staff helped me initially set up the system to our needs and has provided support as needed. I have not had any problems with the system.

Cons

*         It does not have as many bells and whistles as some other programs. It is a basic system that accomplishes what you need.

*         The system does not allow you to automatically drop students based on no-shows. This is the only feature the system doesn't have that I really wish they would add.

Recommendation: I think it is a great system. We have been using it for years with no problems at all.

Martin Golson
Director, Academic Support
Certified Learning Center Professional - Level 4
Austin Peay State University

(931) 221-6553