We use TutorTrac at our institution. I can give you my experience with the product.
· Cost: This service is very inexpensive, compared to other services on the market.
· Support: Every time I have needed either advice or service, I contact one of their techs and the problem is solved in one phone call. It doesn’t matter which one of their techs I call; they all provide excellent support. The one time the issue was not solved during the phone call, the tech told me that he had to write a script and would get back to me in 30 minutes. 30 minutes later, he called me, obtained access to our system, and ran the script…problem solved.
· Reports: The system comes with a large number of customizable reports that make data collection and analysis fairly easy. All of the reports can be viewed in HTML or downloaded for additional analysis.
· Set up: I am slightly techie, but not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. The TutorTrac staff helped me initially set up the system to our needs and has provided support as needed. I have not had any problems with the system.
· It does not have as many bells and whistles as some other programs. It is a basic system that accomplishes what you need.
· The system does not allow you to automatically drop students based on no-shows. This is the only feature the system doesn’t have that I really wish they would add.
Recommendation: I think it is a great system. We have been using it for years with no problems at all.
Director, Academic Support
Certified Learning Center Professional – Level 4
Austin Peay State University
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." - Seneca
Hello everybody and happy Friday.
My institution is thinking of switching from WCOnline to TutorTrac. Can anybody give me an idea of the pros and cons of TutorTrac?
Pronouns : She, Her, Hers
Learning Resources Coordinator
Academic Support and Access Center
Mary Graydon Center 243
Washington, DC 20016-8027
Please note, I usually read emails during regular business hours. Generally, I will respond within 24 hours, or sooner. If you have a matter that needs immediate attention, please indicate that in your email or contact the front desk .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]