Good point.  One way to work around that is to design a report to identify everybody who exceeds the missed appointment limit, and have Trac run it and email it to someone a few times a week automatically.  That person can manually cancel whatever is coming up.  How much workload that would generate depends on the size of the center and the number of students who get blocked in a semester, but I bet it would be doable for all but the largest campuses.

Michele Costabile Doney, M.S.Ed.

Director, Student Academic Consulting Center & Immersion Programs

Secretary, Association for the Tutoring Profession

NCLCA Learning Center Leadership Certification Level Three

Baruch College, CUNY

55 Lexington Avenue, Box B2-116

New York, NY 10010

646-312-4833