Hello All,

I’m looking for information on how other student learning centers within institutions of higher education identify, and then work with, students with learning disabilities.  Any of you that might be with 2 year, state funded colleges would be the closest demographic to my institution.  (We are a 2 year technical college in Kansas.)   We do not have a disability office or formal counseling services.  Our tutoring and testing center, for which I am the coordinator, is limited on resources.  I’m searching for ideas and input.  Anything from how you might staff a position that deals directly with this issue to what resources both on and off campus you might utilize.  Feel free to reply to the list or to me directly at [log in to unmask].  Thank you all.

Darren S. Ortega

Learning Resource Center Coordinator

Manhattan Area Technical College

(785) 320-4519

email signature

Connect with the LRC:  Email l On the Web

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: The information contained in this electronic mail message and in all attachments here to are confidential, privileged and/or proprietary and are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not an intended addressee of this message, your interception, copying, distribution, disclosure or other use of this message, any attachment or the information contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you received this message and are not an addressee hereof, immediately notify the sender by e-mail and destroy every electronic, paper and other copy of this message and all attachments hereto and every digest or other summary of the information contained herein or in any attachment. All e-mail sent to this address will be received through the Manhattan Area Technical College e-mail system and is subject to archiving and review by someone other than the recipient. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]