Hi Rebecca,

At Christian Brothers University in Memphis, we have peer educators called “Peer Counselors” that mentor our first year students.   The Peer Counselors’ first assignment is working during move-in weekend (called “Welcome Back Weekend”) that has activities for students and parents.  They also teach/mentor their own small group in our class for all first year students.  The Peer Counselors meet with their small groups on Thursdays.  On Tuesdays, while the first years have large group activities, the PCs have a class reviewing the upcoming curriculum and leadership skills.  We have a new Dean this year in Academic Services, so it may change for next year, but that is the basic framework we’ve been operating within for a few years.  Let me know if you would like more information!

Best regards,

Justin Bowles

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Justin Bowles

Assistant Director for Student Support

Academic Services

Christian Brothers University

650 East Parkway South

Memphis, TN  38104

(901) 321- 3758

cid:D9AA5CA8-A383-4755-BA4C-56120AF5CCE1SNAGHTML29c22f64cid:99D948F6-07D8-42DC-B999-2C031414CE06cid:FAE87EA6-B927-4CA2-A8DE-B4B5314D0D0Ccid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

NOTICE:  This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or privileged information that is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This information should be treated with the appropriate level of security to preclude the disclosure of sensitive or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, delete this e-mail from your machine's memory, and destroy the hardcopy information.  Thank you.