From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Moses Boudourides [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2016 1:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Network Data Collection Platforms

Hi Tom,

In principle, what you are asking may be implemented easily in Python.
So, if I understood well the structure of your data set, it consists
of a corpus of texts (letters, emails, etc) that one of the 1,500
employees writes or in some way addresses herself to another one but
without using the latter's full name, rather an incomplete form of it
(like first letters etc.).

The way Python would process such a structure would be by first
creating a dictionary with keys the full names of employees and values
their aliases (shortened names etc.) and subsequently searching for
occurrences of j's values in texts (or anything) written by key i in
order to register a tie between i and j (of course, counting number of
occurrences too).

In case you meant something different, I apologize for my misunderstanding.