Hi all!

One relevant ERGM-related paper is

Krivitsky, Pavel N., Mark S. Handcock, and Martina Morris. "Adjusting
for network size and composition effects in exponential-family random
graph models." Statistical methodology 8.4 (2011): 319-339.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1572312711000086

which illustrates some non-trivialities even as it goes for network size.

Best,
Michal