Dear Prabir:

In terms of your first point: There is an Oxford edited Book on Animal
Social Networks
(http://www.oxfordscholarship.com/view/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780199679041.001
.0001/acprof-9780199679041-chapter-18). I met the author of one of the
chapters at a summer LINKS session. I suspect the book could provide
examples of animal SNA to help formulate your project.

Best,

Brenda