From: "Mowbray, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SNAS committee 2016 welcome and forthcoming SNAS seminar details
Date: 13 October 2016 at 10:59:53 BST
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello from the SNAS committee for 2016-2017!

Social Network Analysis in Scotland is back for the new academic year and your committee is in the midst of drawing up a schedule of talks and events for the coming months. You’ll see details of the first seminar below, which is due to take place on the 25th October (Tuesday) at 16:00 in Meeting Room 5, Chrystal Macmillan Building, University of Edinburgh. We are delighted to have invited Prof. Mark Tranmer, University of Glasgow, to kick off our monthly seminar series 2016-17.

We are also planning to have meetings in Glasgow as well as Edinburgh Napier in the coming academic year. Our focus will remain in the central belt, but we are of course open to contributions from anywhere and everywhere.

Our international links were strengthened over the summer when founding co-convenor of SNAS, Heide Weishaar, moved to Berlin. We wish her well, and are wondering if we should hold our next committee meeting over there as an excuse to pay her a visit.

We also welcome Robert Young, University of Glasgow, who is joining our organising committee. This year’s committee is currently:
- David Jarman (Edinburgh Napier University)
- Gil Viry (University of Edinburgh)
- John Mowbray (Edinburgh Napier University)
- Mark Wong (University of Edinburgh)
- Robert Young (University of Glasgow)

If you would like to join us in scheduling, administering and promoting the group, please let us know. Likewise, if you are keen to present or chair a session. We would love to hear from you and there are still some spaces in the schedule.

Regular meetings will continue to be on the final Tuesday of the month. Our regular home remains George Square in Edinburgh, namely the Chrystal Macmillan Building. In a change to last year’s room we will be hosting our CMB gatherings in Meeting Room 5 on the 5th floor, from 16:00-17:00.

Our upcoming seminar:
Network and School Variations in Adolescents’ Health Behaviour in Six European Cities: A Multilevel Analysis of Binary Response Variables.
Mark Tranmer, School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom.
Vincent Lorant, Institute for Health and Society, Université catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium