Sorry for re-posting, this time with crucial details included:

Dear all,

The EGOS Standing Working Group (SWG) 07 "Multi-Level Network Research" is happy to announce the sub-theme for the EGOS 2017 Colloquium in Copenhagen, Denmark (July 6-8, 2017) on "Micro-foundations of organizational networks" (see the detailed CfP below).

We are looking forward to receiving your short paper submissions (max. 3,000 words) by Jan. 9th, 2017 via the EGOS website: www.egosnet.org<http://www.egosnet.org>.

Best wishes,

Tiziana, Leon, and Julia

---

Call for Papers
Micro-foundations have become an important topic in management and organization research, linking explanatory mechanisms at the micro-level to macro-level organizational processes and outcomes (Kleinbaum and Stuart, 2014; Rogan and Mors, 2014; Casciaro, Barsade, Edmondson, Gibson, Krackhardt and Labianca, 2015; Tasselli, Kilduff and Jochen, 2015).

To enhance our understanding of the micro-foundations of organizational networks, we seek research on the impact of individual-level and interpersonal mechanisms (e.g., cognition, affect, motivation, behavior) on network emergence at the macro-level (e.g., organizational subunits or the organization as a whole). We wish for the work of this standing group to contribute to moving past the treatment of individual network actors as "black boxes" and better understand their role in the process of tie creation, maintenance, and dissolution.

We encourage submissions with disciplinary roots in a wide variety of perspectives on organizations, including organizational theory, institutional economics, structural sociology, social psychology, social cognition, public policy, economic geography, health care management, moral psychology, and organizational behavior.

Submissions can focus on-but are not limited to-the following research questions:

·       How do individuals' characteristics (e.g., cognitive capabilities, personality, skills, and behaviors) influence organizational tie formation and network emergence and evolution?

·       What role do individual agency and structural opportunity play in the emergence of organizational networks?

·       How do individual cognition, affect and motivation interact with network structure to influence organizational phenomena?

·       When can we claim a clear direction of causality from micro to macro? What role do structural interdependencies play?

·       What is the interplay of social identities and network roles?

We welcome contributions that tackle these and related issues from a variety of empirical perspectives. We are also open to innovative conceptual contributions.