*International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business *
*Special Issue on Collaborative Innovation Networks*

*Submission Deadline:* February 15th, 2017

*Link to the full CFP:* https://goo.gl/zAcJdL

*Guest Editors*
Andrea Fronzetti Colladon
University of Rome Tor Vergata - [log in to unmask]

Francesca Grippa
Northeastern University - [log in to unmask]

Peter Gloor
MIT Center for Collective Intelligence - [log in to unmask]

*Description*

This Special Issue is inviting researchers in the fields of management
science, computer science, sociology, psychology, anthropology, design and
arts to discuss how of the diffusion of Collaborative Innovation Networks
can encourage entrepreneurship.

Collaborative Innovation Networks (COINs) have been defined by Gloor (2006)
as teams of self-motivated people with a collective vision. They are
enabled by technology to collaborate, challenge the status-quo and innovate
by sharing ideas, information, resources and work. Since then, several
empirical evidences have supported the validity of this concept (Zylka et
al., 2016).

Collaborative innovation networks are a key component of R&D efforts, as
they provide access to knowledge and expertise that can support the open
innovation model. Identifying COINs supports the development of startup or
spinoff opportunities as they organically emerge within organizations. What
can we learn from the development of successful COINs? How can
collaborative networks between SMEs and/or research centres be optimized to
foster firm’s performance? What can we learn in terms of creativity and
problem solving by looking at the dynamic evolution of COINs? What are the
benefits of being embedded in a COIN when designing and executing R&D
activities? How can Collaborative Innovation Networks promote the launch of
startups and spinoffs? We invite papers that address these and similar
questions to describe the mechanisms behind successful COINs.

This Special Issue invites contributions that shed light on the mechanisms
and processes enabling Collaborative Innovation Networks to be effective
and to create positive change for individuals and organizations. We invite
papers that advance the understanding of the mechanisms facilitating
collaboration in a networked global environment, as well as new methods to
detect and promote innovation within, and across, organisational boundaries
(Dana et al., 2008; Wright and Dana, 2003).

We are also interested in exploring the advantages of collaboration for
startups firms (Allen et al., 2016), as well as the distinctive individual
characteristics and the network roles/positions of entrepreneurs
(Battistoni and Fronzetti Colladon, 2014; Gloor et al., 2011; Gloor et al.,
2016). Some of the questions that we are interested in exploring are: what
are the leadership and communication styles of successful entrepreneurs and
what are their effects on COINs? Does the presence of COINs support
employees’ retention and commitment?

Finally, we invite papers that present and discuss case studies on the
application of methods to measure, assess and improve collaboration and
innovation, at the individual, team and firm level (Allen et al., 2016; Etemad
et al., 2001), using innovative technologies or original communication
styles, such as the pattern languages (Iba, 2014).

*Subject Coverage*

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:

   - Networks and Collaboration in a Global Context: Optimization through
   Collaboration | Teamwork through virtually enhanced collaboration |
   Measuring the performance of Collaborative Innovation Networks | SMEs and
   startup networks | Knowledge and information flows in collaborative teams |
   Diversity in COINs

   - The Role of the Entrepreneur: Social Network Positions of
   Entrepreneurs | Distinctive individual traits and the effects they produce
   in Collaborative Innovation Networks | Collaborative Leadership and
   Employees Engagement

   - Tools and Methods: Social System Design | Social Network Analysis |
   Semantic Social Network Analysis | Actor Network Theory | Pattern Languages

We encourage scholars to submit contributes that can enhance the
understanding of these subjects, providing both relevant theoretical and
practical advancements.
​

*Link to the full CFP:* https://goo.gl/zAcJdL