Re:Dendrology: The community of trees

Interesting study. I have seen/heard this argument in the Avator (2009), a
science fiction movie, by a scientific in an effort to stop the distruction
of jungle (by humans) in a Alien world (Pandora) (I'm sure most of us
watched that movie).

I'm just wondering that how the writer/director of the movie knew
(or Perhaps imagined) something that is being discovered 7 years later? Or
is it that the author took inspirations from the movie?

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016, Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>   Barry Wellman
>
>    A vision is just a vision if it's only in your head
>    Step by step, link by link, putting it together
>                  Streisand/Sondheim
>   NetLab Network                 FRSC                      INSNA Founder
>   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman           twitter: @barrywellman
>   NETWORKED: The New Social Operating System  Lee Rainie & Barry Wellman
>                        http://amzn.to/zXZg39
>   _______________________________________________________________________

Gohar F. Khan, PhD.
Senior Lecturer
Department of Management Systems
University of Waikato Management School
Private Bag 3105
Hamilton 3240
NEW ZEALAND

Ph: + 64 7 838 4233
Office: MS8.G02
Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Web: gfkhan.wordpress.com

Check out my book on social media analytics <http://7layersanalytics.com/>!