Building on its consolidated experience in delivering a wide range of research-oriented training, the at the University of Greenwich, London invites you to attend its 6th edition of the CBNA Analytical Software Winter School, to be held in January 2016.
The growing availability of network data - and the concurrent development of specialised methodologies to analyse and interpret them - offers unprecedented opportunities for academic research in all fields of social sciences. Furthermore, the study of offline and online social networks increasingly informs business and policy decision-making.
These workshops will provide you with a comprehensive, hands-on understanding of methods and software techniques used in quantitative and qualitative research as well as in
social network analysis.
The workshops are designed for scholars, professionals and students who need to analyse data systematically but who have limited or no prior knowledge of the methods and computer packages. Our tutors are experts who have used these tools extensively in their own research.
Please note that the school is running in the week of 16-20 January, not 9-13 as previously advised.
Monday 16 January 2017
· 1.a Introduction to NetLogo and agent-based models of networks - Yasaman Sarabi
· 1.b Introduction to statistical analysis and visualisation of social networks with R - Dr Guido Conaldi
Tuesday 17 January 2017
· 2.a Qualitative data analysis with NVIVO - Dr Anna Yakavenka
· 2.b The analysis of organisational networks - Prof. Bruce Cronin
Wednesday 18 January 2017
· 3.a Longitudinal social network analysis with RSiena - Dr Guido Conaldi
· 3.b Introduction to Network Science: from theory to real applications - Dr Nicola Perra
Thursday 19 January 2017
· 4.a Introduction to exponential random graph models with MPNet - Dr Francesca Pallotti
· 4.b Introduction to social network analysis with UCINET - Dr Riccardo De Vita; Yasaman Sarabi
Friday 20 January 2017
· 5.a Social Networks and the Organisation of Health Services - Prof Elizabeth West; Dr Francesca Pallotti
All one-day workshops run for six hours (10am-5pm) with a one-hour lunch break. The full-week, half-day workshop runs from Monday to Friday (1pm - 4pm) every day. All courses take place at our Hamilton House conference centre.
When: Monday 16 January to Friday 20 January 2017
Where: University of Greenwich, Hamilton House, 15 Park Vista, Greenwich, London SE10 9LZ
Fees: Student rate, £70 per workshop
Other rate, £120 per workshop
To register your place and for further details please visit the Analytical Software Winter School
We look forward to welcoming you to the University.
Sent on behalf of Dr Guido Conaldi
Winter School Coordinator
Business School University of Greenwich
+44(0) 208 331 9083
University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by guarantee, registered in England (reg no. 986729). Registered Office: Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, Greenwich SE10 9LS.
To ensure delivery of further e-mails to your
inbox and to enable images to load in future mailings, please add [log in to unmask]
to your safe sender's list. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, details you have provided will be held by the university and used only to inform you about higher education opportunities at the University of Greenwich and its partner colleges. To remove your
details from our records, please e-mail [log in to unmask].
This e-mail was sent to you by the University of Greenwich. If you wish to UNSUBSCRIBE (link to email: [log in to unmask]) we will honour your request to no longer receive further e-mails.