Hello ACM!

This is our weekly update, where we keep you up-to-date on upcoming ACM events and happenings. Remember to join the Facebook group UF ACM to stay connected with us and catch even more opportunities!

Events

Coursera: Logistic Regression Pt. 2

Tuesday at 6:15 PM - 8:10 PM

Hey everyone, During this meeting, we'll be continuing logistic regression from week 2 of the Coursera Machine Learning Course (https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning). We'll see you all next tuesday! :)

ACM Taste Fundraiser

Wednesday at 5 PM - 8 PM

Location: Taste Pho & Noodle House 3117 SW 34th St, Ste 2, Gainesville, Florida 32608 Facebook

Intro to iOS: Workshop #2

Thursday, October 20 at 6:15 PM - 7:05 PM

Hello, world! The is the second iOS workshop in a three part series hosted by UF ACM, UF Software Engineering Club (SEC), and ACE. If you are interested in learning more about the iOS platform come join us! The topics will be: ViewControllers, Custom Views (TableView, CollectionView, ScrollView, and Autolayout). If we have time left over we can do some more Animations. You will need to have Xcode installed already! (Heads up this usually takes a while to download).

Location: CSE119 Facebook

CodePath Info Session

Friday, October 21 at 6 PM - 7 PM

Hello Software Friends, In my original post I metioned the Silicon Valley Internship Prep Course. A lot of you have questions about the curriculum, what CodePath is, and about the courses they are going to offer this Spring (iOS and Web Security). A few of us will be holding an information session next Friday to explain what CodePath is, the future opportunities, and answer any (and hopefully all) questions you may have. NOTE: The deadline for the 4 week bootcamp this Fall is October 15th. So please please apply to it now and try the quick HackerRank exercise so that you won't miss out on the fantastic opportunities this Spring. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Location: NPB1101 Facebook

Friday Night Hacks

Friday, October 21 at 7:00 PM - 11:59 PM

Hopefully we dont get another hurricane this FNH. Hope to see you all there

Location: Fishbowl

Ichetucknee Springs trip with ACE & ACM

Saturday, October 22 at 6 PM/p>

Come out and float down the Ichetucknee river with ACM & ACE! This is on the UF football bye-week so cool off and jump in the river with us!

Location: Springs Facebook
Website Facebook Page