Patricia,

What do you mean below by: "Our data indicates that students who attend at
least 3 - 5 sessions (or more) improve their grades at least 1 letter
grade (or more)." Are you measuring the grade students have before
tutoring to the grade they receive after tutoring, at the end of the
semester? Are you comparing (like SI) the grades of students who work with
a tutor to those who do not?

A side note: I have always thought that SI does not select the best
comparison. SI should compare the D/F/W rate in a course prior to the
introduction of SI (the baseline) to the D/F/W rate after the introduction
of SI, since SI courses are generally selected based on their D/F/W rate.
The comparison of all students who attend SI versus all those who do not
is somewhat irrelevant, as it certainly measures in great part student
motivation to be successful -- not SI value added.

-- Paul
**************************************
Paul Ellis, Senior Lecturer
University Center 170L
Northern Kentucky University
Nunn Drive
Highland Heights, KY 41099
**************************************

On 11/14/16 12:11 PM, "Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on
behalf of LRNASST-L automatic digest system" <[log in to unmask] on

Paul Ellis, Senior Lecturer
University Center 170L
Northern Kentucky University
Nunn Drive