From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Askey, Kelly L.
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: A question about regular textbooks vs ebooks and student learning

I attended a program presented by one of our math instructors recently, and he talked about his move towards using open source text books for his math courses. He has been getting positive feedback from students about it and he has found that his students are more likely to have the text from the very first day of class, because they don’t have to worry about the cost.

Also, he did say that some of the open sources offer an inexpensive printed text option.

Kelly Askey-Lodes
Peer Tutoring & Study Skills Development Program Supervisor
STLCC-FV, SC-130
314-513-4073