Rebecca we do the same and include books as well. We just implemented a culminating project as well.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 21, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Rebecca Cofer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Oh this is awesome.  I am completely stealing your idea.  Lol.  Thanks for such a great tip.  I find the other levels easier to train and Level III folks to be more challenging.  I forgot to mention that I try to bring a group of Level III tutors to a regional conference.  They get a ton of topics then.

Rebecca Daly Cofer

Coordinator, Academic Achievement Center

Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Golson, Martin
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: thoughts on Level III training

Hi Rebecca,

We also include a training session on current topics in learning support literature. We expect our people seeking level III to study the selected articles and come to a meeting where we discuss the quality of the research in the article reviewed, the key points made, and the implications for our learning center.

Martin Golson

Director, Academic Support

Certified Learning Center Professional – Level 4

Austin Peay State University

(931) 221-6553