From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Elise Silkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TUTORTRAC QUESTION FROM A RETURNING USER

Hi,

Students are encouraged to set up their own appointments based on availabilities set up in TT at the start of the semester.  The system works much as reserving a flight on a travel site works – you can work from a narrow or wide window.  We keep it as simple as possible, list the directions at the log in screen and provide the fewest possible choices for reasons.

1.       Obstacles for us:   We don’t have all students in the University uploaded into our system so those students must call me so that I can add them before they are able to make appointments.  Plus, if students are added manually, we can’t access their schedules to see what course they need tutoring in so they cannot see the tutor listings at all because they can’t choose a course from the drop down.  Also, some browsers work better than others for TT.

2.       We do not have double bookings.  We allow each tutor to have only capacity for 1 student in TT so that never happens.

3.       Some students who don’t have experience with booking travel are not used to the ability to search in just a small window of time.  They have some difficulty.  Others don’t have their ID numbers and passwords memorized.  Sometimes access from a phone can be tough.

4.       We don’t use a waitlist.

5.       We have tried to put TT access in several places.  There is a shortcut on every desktop in our facility.  We have a one page site for students seeking help from our variety of unrelated learning centers:  www.wcsu.edu/sos, and we also have a link on our website at www.wcsu.edu/alc.  Tutors are trained to help students make appointments and they also email me or drop in asking for help if they have difficulty making appointments.

I hope this info helps.

Best,

Elise Silkowski

Coordinator, Ancell Learning Commons | Western Connecticut State University

181 White Street | Danbury, CT  06810 | 203.837.8567 | [log in to unmask]

Ancell Mentor Program | Student Advisory Council | WCSU Your Money

Ancell Learning Commons: www.wcsu.edu/alc

Ancell Mentor Program: www.wcsu.edu/asb/mentoring/

WCSU YOUR MONEY: www.wcsuyourmoney.com

Click on the icons below to see what we post on social media.

Facebook larger[log in to unmask]">cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]" src="cid:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]">    http://www.nonantumresort.com/sites/all/themes/custom/images/misc/pinterest-icon.png[log in to unmask]"> YouTube Icon[log in to unmask]">