From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Vera Mayes <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:50:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Auditing Classes

We have had a lot of success with getting access to the syllabi from the division offices. Sometimes on CD, sometimes access to an online drive. It does help the tutors know what is coming and what to review. Some instructors have also given us viewing privileges in their course LMS (our permanent staff) and that helps us know what resources are available to reference when working with students. We have designed some of our training around that this semester to promote existing resources. Our level 1 & II CRLA tutors also have content review weeks built into their schedule. They agree on topics/courses with their cohort leader.

You will find some instructors are very helpful if you just ask. J

Vera Mayes

Learning Commons Coordinator, Math and Science

Tallahassee Community College

Tallahassee, Florida 32303

(850) 201-8122