From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Emily Janssen <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 6:27:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Auditing Classes

Tiffany,

I doubt that auditing a class would be cost-effective. Typically, students have to pay for courses they audit (at our institution, it is half of what they would pay to simply take the class). My tutors don't make enough money to cover the cost of auditing a class, and of course there's not enough wiggle room in the budget to pay the cost of auditing on top of tutors' wages. Unless your institution has different policies on auditing, I'd recommend against that option.

Hope this helps,
Emily

Emily Janssen
Director of Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
(262) 551-6047
Hedberg Library
Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 10 am - 7 pm