Berkeley College has an opening for a Director of the Center for Academic Success on our Paramus Campus.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean of the CAS, the Director will help ensure that students are successful in their coursework and are able to be retained and graduate from Berkeley College.
• Communicate with students, staff, and faculty to determine students’ academic needs and connect them to CAS resources.
• Develop, promote, and execute learning strategies programming and resources for students.
• Collaborate with faculty to create and provide learning support for students in their courses.
• Collaborate with other student support departments to develop academic resources and programs for the Paramus students.
• Ensure robust tutoring program at the Paramus CAS in course content, writing computer skills, public speaking skills, and learning strategies.
• Tutor students individually and in small groups in an appropriate discipline.
• Recruit, hire and supervise peer and professional tutors.
• Coordinate testing program.
• Maintain a welcoming academic atmosphere in the CAS.
• Master's degree in Educational Psychology, Higher Education Administration or a related field.
• At least four years working in a learning resource center tutoring in study skills, writing and/or quantitative skills.
• At least three years’ experience in higher education academic or learning support services.
• Current knowledge of learning center pedagogy, academic skills and learning strategies at the college level.
• Strong technology skills.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of diverse populations and backgrounds.
Interested candidates can apply at:
Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Associate Dean, Center for Academic Success
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]