I adapted the CRLA module for Assertiveness to include this "setting boundaries" activity, which could work for spicing up your role-modeling as well:

First I wrote mini-scenarios on tabs of paper and put them all in a cup. Scenarios were written in dialogue format, so, for example, something like this: "Oh, hey, sorry I'm late. Can we have a shortened lesson today? I want to watch Netflix" and "My professor is so dumb. Can you tell me the answer to this question?"

Then the group was separated into two rows, lined up on either side of the classroom, facing each other. One line is "tutors" and the other line is "students".
The first student and tutor step forward. The student picks a scenario from the cup and reads it aloud to the tutor. The tutor then has to respond on the spot with appropriate assertiveness, referrals, and role-modeling. It should be fairly fast-paced so they have to think on their feet. Once finished, the tutor goes to the back of the student line and the student goes to the back of the tutor line. The activity is finished once every person has played the role of both tutor and student at least one time.

Dana Wilson
Tutor Coordinator | Academic Support Center
Zeta Tau Alpha Advisor
Creative Hounds United Advisor
p: 610.625.7843 | f: 610.625.7877
Moravian College | Monocacy Hall, room 103
1200 Main Street | Bethlehem, PA 18018

Please do not use e-mail to communicate urgent matters.  E-mail is not confidential and subject to disclosure.  For emergencies, contact Campus Safety at 610-861-1421.

Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the Academic and Disability Support Office at 610.861.1401.

*Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission, including any and all attachments, is for the sole use of intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail deleting or destroying all copies of the original transmission.*