The School of Information Sciences, the iSchool at Illinois, is actively recruiting outstanding doctoral students who are interested in becoming partners in our world-renowned research and scholarship program. We encourage applications from students from all disciplinary backgrounds.

Admitted candidates in good standing are offered four years of funding in the form of research, teaching, and service assistantships, including tuition waivers and stipends.

The School's flexible program ensures that each student receives the intellectual guidance and experiences necessary to prepare them for vibrant research careers in a wide range of academic, business, and government settings.

We study how:

                Information literacy enables participation in the knowledge society,

                Data science opens new windows to knowledge,

                History informs our identity and guides our information future,

                Systems serve people,

                Information is a vital human resource,

                Libraries shape what we know and who we are.

For more on our vision: http://ischool.illinois.edu/research/vision

For additional information about:

                The PhD program: http://ischool.illinois.edu/academics/degrees/phd or by contacting [log in to unmask]

                The iSchool faculty: http://ischool.illinois.edu/people/faculty

Students from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Deadline for PhD applications is December 15.

Regards, Jana

Jana Diesner, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dori J. Maynard Senior Fellow
School of Information Sciences/ The iSchool at Illinois
Phone: 412 519 7576
Web: http://people.ischool.illinois.edu/~jdiesner/