FYI – the “deep sea cuke” is the shallow water Molpadia arenicola J

From: Bruno Pernet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2016 9:20 PM
To: Paulay,Gustav <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: News

This episode was kind of cool, as it gave me an opportunity to convey a tiny piece of information to two reporters and then to watch it evolve as it passed through the media and internet. I said absolutely nothing about the deep sea to reporters. Likewise, I did not even hint that this stranding was somehow a consequence of warming ocean temperatures, but that has also been attributed to me. Very interesting, and a bit disturbing.

Bruno