We normally use tutors who are students and or faculty.  Liability concerns regarding volunteer tutors  prohibit me from using them.

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lynda Sukolsky
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 8:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: volunteer tutors?

Good Morning,

Does anyone utilize volunteer tutors??  Perhaps retired persons in your community or additional students who just want to volunteer?

I am being asked to look into this.   Of course, it is a cost saving measure, but I have some concerns.

Any guidance or experience with this is greatly appreciated.

Lynda Sukolsky

--

Lynda J. Sukolsky, M.Ed., PgC

Director of the Academic Achievement Center

Seton Hill University

Greensburg, PA