Rebecca,

We use a guided self-reflection, where the Subject Area Supervisor observes the session and fills out an observation form. Using the form, they guide the tutor through a reflection of what occurred during the session, why it proceeded as it did, and what could be improved. The improvement is limited to one, measureable improvement identified by the tutor, that they will implement with their next session.

The completed form is used as evidence of tutor performance during the evaluation at the end of the semester.

If you would like to know more, contact me offline.

Martin Golson

Director, Academic Support

Certified Learning Center Professional – Level 4

Austin Peay State University

(931) 221-6553