Dear colleagues,

find below a call for applications for research positions that we are
now offering at the Institute for Analytical Sociology.

Best regards,
Christian
www.gmw.rug.nl/~steglich <http://www.gmw.rug.nl/%7Esteglich>

*Research positions at the Institute for Analytical Sociology*

The Institute for Analytical Sociology (IAS) will hire up to six
postdocs or visiting researchers. Candidates should have strong
computational and data-analytic skills, and a deep interest in cutting
edge social-science research.

For at least two of the positions, we seek candidates who have expertise
in computationally intensive methods such as data mining, machine
learning, natural language processing, large-scale agent-based
simulations, and information visualization.

Substantive foci are broad, including but not limited to cultural,
organizational, and segregation dynamics. Irrespective of substantive
foci, most of the research at IAS is concerned with networks and how
individuals in interaction with one another over time bring about
various macro-level outcomes (see http://liu.se/ias?l=en).

The length of the initial contract is two years. The starting salary for
a postdoc is about 468000 SEK (approximately 51000 USD) per year, while
for a visiting researcher it is commensurate with seniority and experience.

Although the starting date is flexible, our ambition is to hold
interviews and make decisions before the end of January. Please share
this message with potential candidates and ask them to contact me
directly at [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,
Peter

*Linköping University, Institute for Analytical Sociology*
S-601 74 NORRKÖPING
Visiting address: Kopparhammaren 2, Norra Grytsgatan 10, Campus Norrköping
Please visit us at www.liu.se/ias <http://www.liu.se/ias>