Dear SOCNET members,

We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the 7th International Conference on Collaborative Innovation Networks (COINs17).

The conference will take place in Detroit, Michigan, September 14th -17th , 2017.

This year topic is Resilience through COINs.

We invite you to submit your papers, posters, and proposals for workshops.

·        Submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=coins17

Please designate what track your paper belongs to.

·        Submission Deadline: May 15, 2017

·        Notification of accepted papers: June 15, 2017

·        Final papers due for online conference proceedings: July 30, 2017

Conference Web site: http://detroit17.coinsconference.org

We invite your participation in exploring Resilience through COINs as we focus our attention on health, business, social innovation and entrepreneurship, and education in a city that is an example of resilience in all four areas as it reinvents itself.

Papers, abstracts and workshop proposals will be accepted for four tracks:

1.      Healthcare (track chair: Davide Aloini)

2.      Industry (track chair: Hauke Fuehres)

3.      Social innovation and entrepreneurship (track chair: Christine Miller)

4.      Education (track chair: Maria Paasivaara)

We also welcome other papers in the broad area of Collaborative Innovation Networks and Resilience, such as methodological approaches, design and COINs, and leadership and COINs.

We invite papers in two formats:

·        Full papers of max 10 pages describing completed research results or case studies.

·        Extended abstracts of 400 words about research in progress.

You are also invited to submit proposals for two-hour interactive workshops, to engage participants in active hands-on experience.

The best full papers will be invited to be published by Springer in an edited volume in the series “Studies on Entrepreneurship, Structural Change and Industrial Dynamics”.

For last year’s proceedings volume see: “Designing Networks for Innovation and Improvisation: Proceedings of the 6th International COINs Conference (Springer Proceedings in Complexity)” https://www.amazon.com/Designing-Networks-Innovation-Improvisation-International/dp/3319426966/

Best regards,

Francesca Grippa, PhD

Program Chair - 7th International Conference on Collaborative Innovation Networks

Associate Teaching Professor, Northeastern University, Boston, MA