To all social networkers - in particular addressing the female academics among us...

The Department of Sociology at the University of Groningen in The Netherlands has a vacancy for a tenure track positions. The vacancies are part of the widely acclaimed and highly successful Rosalind Franklin Fellowship program. This program is aimed at women in academia who have a PhD and aspire a career as full professor in a European top research university. The program targets scholars at the assistant and associate professor level (a PhD degree for preferably at least 3 years), and provides a very good supportive structure to build up or consolidate a research line and acquire a full professorship. More detailed information about the fellowships can be found on the following website: http://www.rug.nl/gmw/research/rff/rff2016.

The Department of Sociology is a small but cohesive department, with a strong collaborative culture. We have a proven track record of helping new colleagues thrive (for information on our Department, see http://www.rug.nl/research/department-of-sociology; more detailed information on our interuniversity research center, in which our research program is embedded, can be found here: http://www.ics-graduateschool.nl).

Social network-related research is central in our department, both with a statistical / methodological as well as with a substantive sociology focus.

We welcome applications!!!

Further, we will highly appreciate it if you could help us find good candidates by spreading this information in your network. In case you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Also on behalf of Rafael Wittek, Andreas Flache, Nardi Steverink, René Veenstra

Tom A.B. Snijders

Professor of Statistics and Methodology, Dept of Sociology, University of Groningen
Emeritus Fellow, Nuffield College, University of Oxford
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~snijders