From: Florida Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
SUEREDFISH Bales
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2016 6:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FLORIDABIRDS-L] Hawk Problems - Titusville, Fla. - 12-29-16

Yesterday was the first day that my yard birds showed up after being gone
for 3 days. I sure missed them, and expected that a hawk was around. This
evening about an hour before sundown a Cooper's Hawk landed about 5 feet in
front of me. He landed on a dead grapefruit tree which my bird feeders are
on. He came in so quiet it was almost unbelievable. Now I can expect another
3 days or more until my birds will return. Anybody have any suggestions on
how to stop the hawk? I love seeing my Painted Buntings, but I don't want to
use them as bait for a Cooper's Hawk. Also... has anyone heard anything on
the Black-headed Gull Michael found at Daytona Beach Shores not too long
ago?

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/31968254575

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/31771316012

Danny Bales