Yesterday was the first day that my yard birds showed up after being gone for 3 days. I sure missed them, and expected that a hawk was around. This evening about an hour before sundown a Cooper's Hawk landed about 5 feet in front of me. He landed on a dead grapefruit tree which my bird feeders are on. He came in so quiet it was almost unbelievable. Now I can expect another 3 days or more until my birds will return. Anybody have any suggestions on how to stop the hawk? I love seeing my Painted Buntings, but I don't want to use them as bait for a Cooper's Hawk. Also... has anyone heard anything on the Black-headed Gull Michael found at Daytona Beach Shores not too long ago?

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/31968254575

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/31771316012

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.