Dear Fellow Graduate Students,

Are you interested in receiving an assistantship while helping out your union colleagues all over campus?

Per the terms of our contract with the university, GAU is able to designate a small number of Graduate Assistants to serve as "released-time" employees each semester. These GAs receive an assistantship at 0.33 FTE while carrying out essential activities for the functioning of GAU. Assistantships include a tuition waiver, stipend, and health insurance. If you have never worked as a GA, you are also eligible.

We have a limited number of such appointments for the Summer 2017 semester.

The responsibilities for the GAs appointed as released-timers vary depending on the semester, ongoing projects, and GAU's organizing efforts. The officers and most of the people involved in GAU are volunteers, and we are very grateful to have released-timers who are on assistantship for the union. Overall, the released-timers keep GAU running -- they're responsible for the administrative tasks such as processing membership forms, answering emails, and holding regular office hours in the GAU office. They also participate in event planning and help with ongoing organizing efforts and campaigns. Released-timers could also be asked to design fliers, coordinate volunteers, outreach with other organizations and departments, assist with research projects, or run meetings-- depending on the GA's interests and talents. Primarily, we're looking for self-motivated candidates dedicated to improving the lives of graduate assistants.

More information about GAU can be found on our website, ufgau.org<http://ufgau.org/>, and on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ufgau.org/

If you are interested, please send your CV and a statement of interest (250-300 words) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by March 1, 2017. Interviews will be held during the week following spring break. In your statement, be sure to mention any past involvement you have had with GAU.

With love,

GAU

Graduate Assistants United @ University of Florida

UFF/AFT/NEA/AFL-CIO