Hi,

I'm a new postdoc with the Weecology group at UF and figured it was about
time to formally introduce myself.

My technical background is mainly in time series and dynamic systems, and
my research focuses on understand ecosystems from that perspective: e.g.
modeling species interactions, forecasting, trying to disentangle factors
that contribute to persistence, resilience, stability, etc.

I mainly use R, but occasionally dive into C++ (I maintain an R package on
CRAN that is mostly C++ with some Rcpp bindings). I've been a longtime
admin for the R Users Group at my previous institution and have contributed
to workshops and teaching materials for various forms of data science, data
visualization, and reproducible research.

Somehow I always seem to be at the wrong spacetime coordinates for
Software/Data Carpentry instructor training, but I heard it might be
offered at UF in the spring and wanted to make sure I was added to the
waiting list for that.

Do feel free to get in touch by email or twitter (@hao_and_y) if you want
to chat!

Best,