A number of groups on campus have expressed an interest in holding workshops before or near the start of the fall semester to help get students kick-started in the programming skills they need for their data intensive courses:

- the Software and Data Carpentry group
- the Marston library R meetup group and the Stats department
- Research Computing (HPC)

Let's have a 1 hour meeting some time soon to talk about what workshops we might hold and how to coordinate audiences, materials, and schedules to provide UF with the best opportunities. (And also minimize our time expended since most of us are volunteers.)

Please fill out this poll if you would like to attend. We'll meet at the UFII and I can do remote attendance if that helps.

http://whenisgood.net/krb9yk9

Thank you everyone.

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager