Thanks Matt for the nice summary and key points!

Miao

On Jul 27, 2017, at 22:01, Matthew Collins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Ben, Justin, Dev, Miao, and I had a nice wide ranging talk today. Some points of interest:

a. Doing the 5 minute teaching part of the checkout is hard but Miao thought it might be easier if he taught the lesson at a workshop first since then he would have first hand experience with it. (I'll add after the meeting that just watching it be taught at a workshop would probably do as well.)

b. I reminded everyone that finishing the check-out is not required to teach, see a. above. There are still a couple sessions available to teach if you're interested.

c. The lessons have challenge sections. This time can give you an opportunity to re-group and refresh your memory on what comes next to help you keep the flow of the lesson going. You don't have to remember hours of material, just to the next challenge when you can look at your notes again.

d. Dev wants to do a workshop Jan 27 & 28, likely an R based Software Carpentry.

Anyone else have thoughts they want to share from this afternoon?

Join us next week Thursday 8/3 at 4:00 in the UFII conference room.

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida
352-392-5414