From: Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Picardi,Simona <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New member interested in teaching

Hi Everyone,

My name is Simona Picardi, I am a PhD candidate in the WEC department at UF. I am based at the Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, in Mathieu Basille's lab.

I just joined the listserv and am interested in getting involved in data carpentry workshops as an instructor or teaching assistant. I have skills in R and SQL, and some experience with teaching - in the past two years I have been an instructor in the workshop "Next Generation Data Management in Movement Ecology" offered at FLREC by Dr. Basille. I love teaching and I am looking for opportunities to gain more experience with it - and besides, I find that teaching is a great way to learn things better myself.

I am planning on joining the training course to become a certified instructor next time it is offered, but in the meantime I would love to get involved and offer my help where it can be used!

Looking forward to working together,

Best,

Simona

---

Simona Picardi, PhD Candidate

Department of Wildlife Ecology & Conservation

Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center

University of Florida