I have used namecheap since registering my first personal domain name years and years ago, I have no complaints.

- Dan Stoner

From: Platform Independent Linux List! <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Robert Munyer <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Registars you like?

Allen Rout wrote:

> I just got bit by some expletive expunged dark patterns at
> register.com, and I'm sick of it.  I want to host my names with a
> service provider that doesn't set me a game of gotcha every time I
> interact with their cart.   Who do you like?

I switched to namecheap's FreeDNS when my previous DNS host started
playing dirty tricks.  Later when I had a problem, I used their "live
chat support" button, and got someone who almost immediately understood
my description of the problem, and quickly figured out how to fix it.

What a shock!

I haven't used any of their paid services, but I intend to, the next
time I need to register or renew a domain.

-- Robert