In agent based models, it is typical to define classes of agents each
with their own rules and attributes.  These classes of agents can be
analyzed as a network where each agent has a set of attributes, and
their are potentially many ties. for example one might have marriage
ties, interaction ties, similarity vis shared attributes, etc.
These networks can then be used to instantiate an agent-based model,
and/or generated by the model and then analyzed using various dynamic
network techniques.

Note in machine learning algorithms and in some agent based models, the
agents are represented as high dimensional vectors - which can then be
mapped onto meta-networks (which are sometimes referred to as
multi-layer networks and sometimes as high dimensional networks).