*UTS:CIC Doctoral Program at Sydney Australia*

We are delighted to announce that CIC’s doctoral program in Learning
Analytics is offering three new UTS FULL Scholarships for 2017.

CIC’s mission is to invent, evaluate and theorise the design of
human-centred data science and learning analytics. As you will see from our
work, and the three PhD topics advertised, a core theme is analytics
techniques to nurture in learners the creative, critical, sensemaking
qualities needed for lifelong learning, employment and citizenship in a
complex, data-saturated society.

While our first priority is the future of learning and teaching, we also
anticipate broader applications of the tools we develop, to address data
science challenges in other research fields and in UTS business operations.

We invite you to apply for a place if you are committed to working in a
transdisciplinary team to invent user-centred analytics tools in close
partnership with the UTS staff and students who are our ‘clients’.

Please explore this website so you understand the context in which we work,
and the research topics we are supervising. We look forward to hearing why
you wish to join CIC, and how your background, skills and aspirations could
advance this program.

TOPICS

We invite scholarship applications to investigate the following topics,
which are broad enough for you to bring your own perspective. If you have
your own funding, then you may propose another topic which fits with CIC’s
priorities.

*1-Learning Analytics Across Digital and Physical Spaces*

Supervisors: Roberto Martinez-Maldonado
<https://about.me/RobertoMartinezMaldonado> and Simon Buckingham Shum
<http://simon.buckinghamshum.net/>

*2-Learning Analytics for Writing Practices*

Supervisors: Simon Knight <http://sjgknight.com/> and Simon Buckingham Shum
<http://simon.buckinghamshum.net/>

*3-Human-Centred Design for Learning Analytics*

Supervisors: Theresa Anderson <http://www.uts.edu.au/staff/theresa.anderson>
, Simon Buckingham Shum <http://simon.buckinghamshum.net/>, Ruth Crick
<http://www.uts.edu.au/staff/ruth.crick> & Simon Knight
<http://sjgknight.com/>

Three successful candidates will be eligible for a *3-year Scholarship* of
$35,000/pa (a substantial increase on the standard Australian PhD stipend
of $25,849).

We aim to appoint for August 2017, the start of the second semester. We
invite applications by close of *Monday 3rd April 2017*, with shortlisting
for interview shortly after.

You can learn more about our PhD program (and the application process) here:
 https://utscic.edu.au/research/phd/

Send inquiries to Roberto-Martinez-Maldonado:

*Roberto Martinez-Maldonado* (PhD)
Researcher, Connected Intelligence Centre <http://utscic.edu.au/>
Office of the DVC (Education & Students)
University of Technology Sydney
P.O. Box 123, Broadway
Ultimo, NSW 2007, AUS
T: +61 2 9514 1914
Homepage <http://roberto.martinezmaldonado.net> | gScholar
<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=sWXrhB0AAAAJ&hl=en> | LinkedIn
<https://au.linkedin.com/in/roberto-martinez-maldonado-35865a27> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/RobertoResearch> |

[image: UTS Connected Intelligence Centre] <http://utscic.edu.au/>
 Receive CIC Newsletter <http://utscic.edu.au/subscribe/>

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.