I am analyzing a set of online communication networks and am interested in
exploring their core-periphery structure. I've been doing my network
analysis in R and have been unable to find any packages that implement
identification of core-periphery structure.

This recent paper (Zhang, Xiao, Travis Martin, and Mark EJ Newman.
"Identification
of core-periphery structure in networks
<https://arxiv.org/abs/1409.4813>." *Physical
Review E* 91.3 (2015): 032803) appears quite promising in terms of a
scalable approach to identifying core-periphery structure.

Does anyone know if there is a readily available implementation of that
core-periphery identification algorithm (or any other) available in R?

Thank you,

*Steven L. Johnson, Ph.D.*
*Associate Professor of Commerce*
*U. of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce*
*http://stevenljohnson.org/ <http://stevenljohnson.org/>*