Dear Xun,

Please address this type of questions to the Siena/Stocnet list at
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/stocnet/

Now for an answer to your question:
Such interactions are now excluded but that is too strict. You can add the
possibility of interacting with ego effects by the command

myeff$interactionType[myeff$shortName=='egoX'] <- 'ego'

if your effects object is called myeff. This is a hack, but I think it is
reasonable to do this and this interactiontype should be defined regularly
in future versions; I shall do this for the next version of RSiena.
The effect diffXTransTrip is available for non-directed networks and indeed
is applicable for such data structures.

Best wishes,
Tom

Tom A.B. Snijders
Professor of Statistics and Methodology, Dept of Sociology, University of
Groningen
Emeritus Fellow, Nuffield College, University of Oxford
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~snijders